- Around 424
- For Workers
- Today's jobline
- Training Centre
- For Contractors
- Contact Us
- Member Login
TRAINING MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE. It helps give you better opportunities, sets you apart from electricians who aren't in the union, and gives you the edge needed for higher certification and better pay.
And contractors know we’re the best in the business.
The Electrical Industry Training Centres are an initiative of IBEW Local 424 and the Electrical Contractors Association of Alberta (ECAA). It is an internationally recognized leader in theory and practical training of unionized electrical workers
Progressive, innovative and student focused, the Training Centre has built upon its core strength of coaching and mentoring students through “hands-on” applications of basic safety, work and technical skills that are essential at the work site, and enjoys the benefits of:
- A range of programs and courses that meet the practical work site needs of unionized employers and electrical workers both now and in the future
- Programs and courses that are provided at strategically located facilities in the province using “state-of-the-art” equipment
- Programs and courses that are provided at remote areas of the province with the assistance of employers, suppliers, post-secondary educational organizations and through the internet; Instructors who are highly motivated, resourceful and can respond effectively to the learning needs of students
- A positive profile of ECAA and IBEW working together to enhance the quality of their work as they respond to industry needs
- An autonomous organization that meets the needs of the electrical industry
- Dedicated industry representatives who provide enlightened and visionary leadership
And IBEW 424 makes training easy for you with training centres in Calgary, Edmonton, and our mobile centre that comes right to your worksite.
OSSA Certified training for Fall Protection and AWP can be taken at the following institutions:
Alberta Ironworkers 780-482-0908
Air Extreme 780-439-3362
Touchback Safety 780-960-8766
SCS Safety 780-485-3585
Western Canada Fire & First Aid Inc. 780-469-4887
Calgary OSSA Training - CICT 587-585-2428 or AIP Safety Ltd. 403-202-2477 or Hertz 403-287-9494
In order to be reimbursed you must be an eligible beneficiary and in good standing with the IBEW Local Union 424. You must complete the Instutional Training form for reimbursement and submit it to the Electrical Industry Education Trust Fund of Alberta Administrative staff prior to the commencement of your training. Upon successful completion EITCA requires a copy of your receipt showing payment and certificate showing completion. Your reimbursement will be mailed out to the address provided on the form. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE SEEKING REIMBURSEMENT FOR CWB PRACTICE TIME AND/OR INSTITUTIONAL TRAINING FROM A TRAINING PROVIDER OTHER THAN WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE, PLEASE CONTACT THE EITCA FOR PRIOR APPROVAL. IF YOU DO NOT CONTACT THE TRAINING CENTRE FOR PRIOR APPROVAL YOUR APPLICATION MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR REIMBURSEMENT.